Initial Goal of $250k
Building Fund as of March 31, 2023: $175,041.44
WHY A LONG-TERM FACILITY?
The elders are unified in the conviction that it would be wise and best for GBC to have its own long-term facilities. Lord willing, a long-term facility would be for both the continued health of GBC and for advancing the gospel for generations to come, in us and through us as a church.
The elders affirm the church is a people not a building. At this stage in the life of GBC, a long-term facility would best serve the people and mission of GBC. The intent is for GBC to have a facility for the purpose of a home base for ministry and a launching pad for mission (church planting, local outreach, sending global missionaries, etc.). The purpose would not be to build GBC's little kingdom but rather to better build God's big Kingdom.
WHAT'S THE DREAM?
- A Place For Healing
- A Place For Equipping
- A Place For Sending
"The gospel in us, the gospel to the world."
WHAT'S THE PLAN?
Based on expert guidance, GBC will need to increase our Building Fund so that we're ready when we identify an opportunity. This could be purchasing, leasing, and/or renovating. Regardless of the potential option, capital would be needed.
- We have a goal to raise $185k, which would give us $250k total to start.
- It will require each of us and all of us to sacrificially give above and beyond our normal giving.
- You can give by either writing "Building Fund" on the memo line of a check or through our Church Center app drop down for "Building Fund".
WHAT'S THE NEXT STEP?
- PRAY - Pray that God will provide what GBC needs when we need it.
- GIVE - We all will need to give sacrificially. Pray, discuss, plan, and commit to what you can joyfully and sacrificially give.
- COMMUNICATE - Consistent communication will be vital for us to be healthy in our unity and faithful in our mission.
- ENCOURAGE - God loves GBC more than any of us do. We can trust Him to provide what we need, when we need it.
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever, Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21